At Rockingham we are committed to being an inclusive school, providing the best possible standard of education for every child. With us learning and teaching is challenging, exciting and creative within a safe, secure, nurturing environment.
Rockingham’s mission is to move towards being outstanding within 3 years and to achieve the highest academic results within our local area. We will do this through commitment to high quality all round education for all.
Our vision is to develop fully the talents and potential of each pupil by fostering reflective and resilient lifelong learners. We want all our pupils to become responsible, engaged, successful and confident young adults capable of playing a positive and active role in society.
To fulfil our vision we have exacting standards of all our staff and, as such, we expect a high degree of accountability to:
- Commit to delivering excellence and a culture of no excuses so that every child can achieve
- Provide high quality teaching based on a thorough knowledge of our pupils
- Develop and maintain a curriculum which encourages joyful enquiry, participation and high aspiration
- Develop an ethos of solution not problem
- Have an enthusiastic and energetic commitment to education and a determination to ensure every pupil is applying him or herself to the best of their ability
- Take full advantage of the CPD opportunities offered through the DRET network
- Ensure that all teaching is at least good
The Vision of Rockingham Primary School
At Rockingham Primary School our vision is it to develop fully the talents and potential of each pupil by fostering reflective and resilient lifelong learners. We want all our pupils to become responsible, engaged, successful and confident young adults capable of playing a positive and active role in society.
Children work towards their always bands for each house team colour.
At Rockingham Primary School we aim for all children to be:
Ruby – Responsible
Emerald – Engaged
Sapphire – Successful
Citrine - Confident
Headteacher: Mrs T Hudson